The highlights of major achievements past and present
- Sixteen villages of Buxa Tiger Reserve(BTR) covered for community education, people’s organization and improvement in local governance. Our initiatives has led to policy change in establishing a camp Panchayat office in the hill terrains, establishment of government school at the highest tip, establishment of community based organization.
- Key partnership with the government in strengthening SHGs in the two districts of Cooch Behar and Jalpaiguri.
- Key partnership with the state government in strengthening primary education in Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar districts.
- Key partnership with the Government in the rehabilitation of insurgencies sponsored by the Planning Commission of India to the state Government of West Bengal.
- Partnership with Viveknanda Institute of Bio-Technology (VIB), Nimpith on community based bio-diversity promotion through organic farming practices.
- Eye care initiative in close collaboration with the government health care system.
- Promotion of and support to women federation-first member owned and managed SHG federation in West Bengal.
- Promotion and support to Mistry Cooperatives –(Rural Pump Mechanics cooperatives) in North Bengal.
- Successful partnership in a multination project on High Altitude bio-diversity and livelihoods. The project sponsored by the European Commission covering India, China, Vietnam, UK, Denmark was highly scientific initiative.
- Currently involved as research partner with Australian Centre for Agriculture Research (ACIAR) project on dry season agriculture. Other collaborators include CSIRO , University of South Queensland (Australia), Bangladesh Agriculture University, Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalya, PRADAN and IIT, Kharagpur.
- Series of quality publications on community engagement, technology transfer, Gender and bio-diversity independently and collaboratively.